FOLLOW US HERE FOR SPORTING NEWS AND CALL US FOR SPORTING COVERAGE AND ADVERT PLACEMENTS - 08038550633....

Saturday 9 June 2018

Stakeholders must rally this team for survival - Duke





Seyi Joshua 



Osun United returnee gaffer, Duke Udi has called on football stakeholders in the state to rally supports for the team in its quest to avoid relegation.




The one time Super Eagles player made the call this morning while featuring on Osun State Broadcasting Corporations (OSBC) Saturday Morning Treat, he urged the supporters to forget the past and contribute their quotas in changing the fortune of the club. 




"I want to first and foremost apologize for what happened in the past, am not happy personall with the whole scenario. Some people jokingly alledged me that I had soft spot for Osun United when I brought Sunshine Stars here last season.




"I told them we were even lucky to have escaped with a lone goal down. I am committed to my job anytime any day, I tender my unreserved apology for those things that fell apart for things to go right". The immediate past Sunshine Stars tactician soberly submitted.




While reacting to his plans to steer the club out of relegation, he noted:" The time is now for us to reacces the players commitment, God's willing, we would be having at least seven (7) experience players to join us for the second round. 




"Fighting relegation isn't an easy task, management must play its part, supporters must play their part too, all form of unsavory chants towards players has to stop even if we are losing, the blame game has to stop this time around.




"I am optimistic that our next two home games shall be won convincingly. The league is on hold and we have to take advantage of it to do some rigorous exercise, if you have any good player that can help us, send him to me, God forbid, Osun United must not play in Nationwide League."




Some callers then charged Udi to buckle up in reorganizing the team and stay focus to come out of the horrendous and ghastly situation, noting that for them to be assuaged, Omoluabi Giants must stay safe at the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment