FOLLOW US HERE FOR SPORTING NEWS AND CALL US FOR SPORTING COVERAGE AND ADVERT PLACEMENTS - 08038550633....

Saturday 16 November 2019

Am here for serious business - Afolabi




Seyi Akanni


The newly appointed head coach of the Abakaliki based Nationwide League One (NLO) outfit Cynosure FC, Shina Afolabi has reiterated his intention of exposing the club for further achievements and promotion into the higher division.



One time tactician of Osogbo based NNL side Prime FC is an household name, considering his exploits in the National Challenge Cup where he piloted Prime FC  to play in the semi finals of the competition in 2014 and narrowly missed the promotion to Nigeria Professional Football League in the following year.


In his chat with codedsports.com, Coach Shina Afolabi who tutored Ajiroba FC last season made his intentions known thus;



"I thank God for making this day a reality, Cynosure FC is an ambitious club and am glad to be part of this set up.


"I am highly indebted to the chairman, staffs, and highly supporting fans of this club for finding me worthy for this role.


"It's going to be a very serious adventure here, I will need cooperation of everyone to succeed and to promote this club. Club hierarchy have informed me of the yearnings and aspirations of this club, with God on our side, we are going to hit the ground running and the fans will smile." He expressed.



Afolabi had earlier been contacted by a Nigerian Premier side, Espoir FC based in Zinder with the aim of securing his signature as Technical Adviser but the board couldn't meet his demands.



"Signing the dotted line here is an act of God, I was to sign with Espoir FC in Niger Republic but the deal wasn't materialized. I want to assure everyone here that I won't disappoint the club faithfuls.


"There's a legacy and pathway that we will continue to build on with due diligence. I therefore thank the club chairman once again for his vision and quality leadership.



"I want to thank my former employer and father, Chief Rasaq Mustapha, Ajiroba of the source, for his fatherly role and supports all this while. I equally appreciate everyone that have contributed to my career, one way or the other. With your supports once again, I know we will succeed" He concluded.



Deji Ayeni left his position as head coach at Cynosure FC with mutual consent after securing Ekiti Utd plum job. Afolabi who signed a two years contract is expected to work with the existing assistant and the backroom staffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment