FOLLOW US HERE FOR SPORTING NEWS AND CALL US FOR SPORTING COVERAGE AND ADVERT PLACEMENTS - 08038550633....

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Akwegbu warns young players against career wrecking acts


Akanni Seyi



Former Super Eagles striker Benedict Akwuegbu has fired warnings to Nigeria's football prospects aiming to excel in the industry against all sort of immorality that can truncate their careers.



Akwuegbu who started his career at the age of 15 in Nigeria before moving to French side RC Lens at the age of 17, revealed via Personality Interview on Let's Gist Naija, the ever blazing Sports WhatsApp Platform.



"I left the shores of the country at a tender age. I had a wonderful experience in Europe as a young player.



"What I will advise the young players is that, they should be disciplined and work extra hard. The players should be ready to raise their games above other players they are competing with." Benedict who spent five years in Belgium with KRC Harelbeke, KSV Waregem, KVK, Tienen told LGN. 



Akwegbu signed for Austrian side Grazer AK in 1998 season, as he went on to win the Austrian Cup and Austrian Supercup in 2000 and 2002 and the league title in 2004 with his good performance further stated thus; 



"The young players should stay focussed and shun the act of smoking and humanizing. They must work hard and loyal to the coach. Even if the coach didn't let them play, they should work harder because the time will come when the coach will give them the awaiting playing time, they should just take their chances and utilize the opportunity very well. 




"I did not really play the way I wanted to play for the Super Eagles, the way I played in Austria I wanted to bring that to the Super Eagles also. 



"But I didn't bring it to the Super Eagles because during my era we have a lot of world class players, I still thank God that I was able to play the Nations cup, World Cup, score goals in qualifying games." The 'Austria Bomber' who played his first international game for the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Tunisia, scored 8 goals in 30 appearances for the Super Eagles of Nigeria from 2000 to 2005 concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment