FOLLOW US HERE FOR SPORTING NEWS AND CALL US FOR SPORTING COVERAGE AND ADVERT PLACEMENTS - 08038550633....

Friday 15 May 2020

Akeem Latifu Leaves Door Open For Super Eagles Return





Akanni Seyi



Former youth international and Mjøndalen FC of Norway defender Akeem Latifu is hoping to see a Super Eagles long hiatus end at some point.


Latifu who hails from the state of Osun hasn't played for the Super Eagles since 2015 when he was brought on against Uganda in Uyo under Stephen Keshi in a friendly match which East Africans secured a lone-goal win over the star-studded Nigeria side.



Latifu who starred for ten different clubsides in four countries since leaving Akwa Utd in 2010 revealed that, if such chance should come again, it would be embraced whole heartedly.



"When l started playing football, l was just playing it for fun then, when I even came to Europe, my main goal was to make name for myself and my family which l was grateful it happened.



"The Super Eagles was something that every football player wants to play for the country but everyone is not going to have like 100 games like Vincent Enyeama.



"l think am grateful for the short time I had in the Super Eagles and l thank God that l made good use of the opportunity given to me, I think no regrets about it and if it happens again, why not?, until then, am concentrating on my club career." Latifu who began his career with Bussdor FC also spent time with Ocean Boys FC before joining Akwa Utd told Family United By Football, FUBF.




Latifu was part of the Nigeria national under-20 football team at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada hailed the former Secretary General of the then Nigeria Football Association, late Chief Taiwo Joseph Ogunjobi for the rare opportunity extended to him.



"My team, Bussdor had a friendly game in Ibadan and I remember some NFA officials were on ground, It was Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi who noticed my versatility and ordered me to join the Flying Eagles.



"I proved my worth in goal project and I was lucky to be in Canada, it was a fantastic memory for me. It was a big thing for me signing my first contract in Norway and I will forever be grateful to great football icon late chief Taiwo Ogunjobi whose efforts shot me into limelight." He concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment